Sam Jung
Lead me to the Top
When I was a 6th grader, I first moved to America. It was a totally different condition for me, because I only lived with my brothers. My mom and dad was at Korea working, sending us monthly money needs. So after I went to school, not knowing how to even talk in English. I took a class called “Band” That class changed everything for me.
I first joined that class because I wanted to learn how to play the drums. They said they were going to teach me, so oh well. But it was slightly different from what I thought. They were only hitting the snare drum and some other weird instruments in beat. So I hated it. It was boring; while everyone learned how to read the music I did not even understand how to do that. I almost just let that class go, I did not do anything, but the teacher never let me down and kept on helping me. She would tell me to come after school and show me cool videos of drum line and what I can do if I work on this. So I started finding the fun of this activity.
Later after about 2 years I became 8th grader. I was fluently speaking in English and also had lots of friends. I also took band for know 3years. The funny thing was that I became the BEST drummer of our whole entire school. I was the drum line section leader for 3years straight. I went on competitions and got gold metals. I joined my teachers’ Scottish band and joined the drum line. We marched down main streets couple of times. I had so many fun experiences with my drum skills. I also learned how to play the trap set. (What I wanted to learn when I was in 6th grade.)
I started of drumming really bad, but that lead me to have so much fun and to become the best at my school. But the most important thing was that I met my teacher Ms. Copland, who taught me all this.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기